home tuck
Old Postcards - Churches
prior/next sign back prior/next sign

Advent
Advent Christian Church
High St.

Since 1975 this church was known as Faith Community Advent Christian Church. The church was organized in the 1860s and the land where the church stands was leased in 1871 and purchased in 1897.

Baptist
First Baptist Church, 1938
36 Winnacunnet Road

The first meeting was held in 1820; the present church site was purchased and the meetinghouse built in 1832. Over the years additions have been added; in 1886 the building was raised and a vestry was added beneath the original building.

Community
Community Church, Hampton Beach.
20 "D" St.; built in 1925 at corner of Ashworth Ave.
Congregational
Congregational Church
127 Winnacunnet Road

This church traces its roots back to 1638 with the first minister in Hampton, Stephen Bachiler, and has been active for 365 years. The present building (seen in picture) is the sixth meetinghouse and has survived three fires. The chapel was built on 1894.

Methodist
Methodist Church, 1938
525 Lafayette Road

Methodism started in Hampton in 1835. The building was moved to its present site in 1881 from the corner of Annís Lane and Lafayette Road. The church has undergone many expansions over the years.

Mir.Medal
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal
279 Lafayette Rd.; built in 1948

The first Christmas Mass was celebrated at midnight on 12/24/48, the first in 310 years of Hampton history.

St.Pat

St.Pat
2 views of St. Patrick's Church
38 Church St.; dedicated in 1917

Started as a mission of St. Michael's (Exeter) in 1907 at the Hampton casino. The church building was constructed in 1914, at which time it became a mission of St. Joseph's Cathedral in Manchester.

St.Pete

St.Pete
2 views of St. Peters-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church
Highland Ave.

This Episcopal church was built on Highland Avenue in 1912 for $3,200. It was the first church on Hampton Beach, but was destroyed in the fire of 1915.