Gatherings From the Green
This publication is the newsletter of HHS. It is usually published 4 times per year. We encourage members to subscribe to our reminder system (see box above) and read it online instead of receiving a printed version, because it saves HHS a lot of money. You can opt out of the printed version when you join HHS.
All are PDF files. The summary given for many issues is just that - i.e. they contain additional info.
Latest issue - November, 2016 (1000K).
Committe reports; Volunteer hours; 2016 Annual meeting minutes
Earlier issues (all PDFs, size in bytes shown in parentheses):
- July, 2016 (1000K) - Donor List; History of Miss Hampton Beach; Pig Roast form and info; Volunteer Linda Metcalf article
- March, 2016 (376K) - Gifts to the Collection; Donor List; DAR Award
- November, 2015 (650K) - Committee Reports; Volunteer hours; digitizing info
- July, 2015 (700K) - Donor List; 90th Anniversary Exhibit; Shipwrecks, Riots And Rumrunners
- April, 2015 (412K) - Gifts to the Collection; Donor List
- November, 2014 (440k) - New building purchase; reports from all committees; volunteer hours
- July, 2014 (221k) - Pig Roast; Marelli Exhibit
- March, 2014 (325k) - Passing of Jack "Cliff" Pratt; Town Records preservation; Gifts to Collections 2013; Donors
- November, 2013 (625k) - 375th Celebration; Pig Roast Report; Buildings and Grounds Report
- July, 2013 (250k) - Pig Roast
- March, 2013 (800k) - new Civil War Book; Gifts and Donors; Christmas Parade
- November, 2012 (700k) -Tavern Walk; Damage to School building and Cottage; new Tavern Book
- July, 2012 (260k) - Pig Roast; Meet & Suitable Person; Harvest Ramble
- April, 2012 (400k) - Passing of Catherine Fletcher; Salt Marsh farming; Turner Night; Gifts and Donors
- November, 2011 (500k) - Building needs; Education Committee; Pig Roast; Bachelder Farm
- July, 2011 (2.7M) - Kevin Skarupa- Storms; Centre and Sacred Heart Schools Art Work; Facebook
- March, 2011 (280K) - Colt Photo Exhibit; Tribute to Ansell Palmer; Gifts & Donors
- November, 2010 (475K) - Lane Library Building 100th Anniversary; Barns
- July, 2010 (125K) - Charles Turner night; Pig Roast
- March, 2010 (500K) - Leavitt family cradle; Gifts and Donors
- November, 2009 (500K)
- August, 2009 (1.4M)
- June, 2009 (250K)
- February, 2009 (250K)
- November, 2008 (300K)
- September, 2008 (350K)
- June, 2008 (315K)
- February, 2008 (282K)
- November, 2007 (95K)
- September, 2007 (200K)
- July, 2007 (200K)
- February, 2007 (200K)
- November, 2006 (400K)
- September, 2006 (400K)
- June, 2006 (400K)
- February, 2006 (300K)
- November, 2005 (500K)
- August, 2005 (300K)
- May, 2005 (700K)
- February, 2005 (700K)
- November, 2004 (500K)
- Spring, 2004 (200K)
- Winter, 2004 (350K)
- Fall, 2003 (65K)
Change to Bylaws
At the Annual Meeting on October 9, 2009, members were asked to vote on several changes to the Bylaws. A new broader mission statement was proposed which more adequately describes what we do. Another suggested change was to the committee structure which operates the Society. The new Strategic Plan accepted by the Trustees on August 9 suggested that new, more comprehensive, committees might aid in the implementation of future programs. Since the standing committees are listed in the Bylaws, this necessitated a vote of the membership.
The revised Bylaws were adopted at the Annual Meeting on October 9, 2009.
Click here to view the revised Bylaws in their final form.
To see a copy of the prior Bylaws with suggested changes, click here.
To view the completed Strategic Plan, click here.
Note that these files are in PDF format.
Email comments or questions about the Bylaws to us at email@example.com