home
Website Changes
  • 10/30/14 - added Mark of Goody Cole book to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability. Also added info about it to the Goody Cole page.

  • 09/21/14 - added HTML-based index pages (replacing PDFs) to the Hampton Town Records section of the Genealogy and Research page

  • 09/15/14 - added 4th bloom picture to Morning Glory plant of the 18th Century Historical Garden.

  • 09/05/14 - added Morning Glory plant to the 18th Century Historical Garden page

  • 08/18/14 - added Sweet Pea plant to the 18th Century Historical Garden page

  • 07/15/14 - added Lamb's Ear blossom picture to the Lamb's Ear page

  • 07/01/14 - added Bachelor's Button plant to the 18th Century Historical Garden page; also added blossom pictures to the Daisy plant page.

  • 06/22/14 - added Lamb's Ear plant to the 18th Century Historical Garden page; also added blossom pictures to the Chives plant page and additional pictures to the Marigold plant page

  • 06/05/14 - added Hampton Town Records to the Genealogy and Research page

  • 01/14/14 - added Saltmarsh Farming DVD to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability.

  • 01/09/14 - added Flats, Shacks, and Claws DVD to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability.

  • 12/06/13- put minutes of 2013 Annual meeting on the About Us page.

  • 12/02/13 - Added a new Tuck Exhibit page for 375th-related items.

  • 11/10/13 - Added link to Hampton Academy and Winnacunnet High School Alumni Association website on the Links page

  • 10/12/13 - added new blossom picture on the Hops plant page.

  • 09/13/13 - added downsized PDF of the Hampton Union's 375 Gala Weekend insert to the website with a link on the Home page to view it.

  • 08/18/13 - added a new image of the Goody Cole monument on the Monument page, to show the new plaque in front of it.

  • 07/28/13 - added new Town Clock Project page, and added blurb on Home page to link to it.

  • 07/15/13 - changed the images and text on the Schoolhouse Exhibits page, to reflect the resent renovations.

  • 05/19/13 - added email subscription button to the Home page.

  • 05/12/13 - put a new panoramic image of the Tuck Museum grounds on theTuck Museum Complex page.

  • 05/04/13 - added Subscription page to website and put links to it on many pages.

  • 02/09/13 - merged Hampton 375th anniversary page with Calendar of Events page

  • 01/22/13 - added Hampton 375th anniversary page with links from Home page and Calendar page.

  • 12/09/12 - added 1938 Tercentenary Map to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability.

  • 11/09/12- added Donations page. Modified the Membership page. Changed PayPal on Membership page to Add-to-Cart facility, plus Additional Contributions Add-to-Cart facility. Changed printable forms for Donations and Membership.

  • 10/25/12- put link to book about Marston family on the Genealogy page.

  • 10/17/12- put minutes of 2012 Annual meeting on the About Us page.

  • 10/04/12 - renamed this page - formerly the "Whatsnew" page - to "Website Changes" and removed it from the left menu. The link to it is now in the footer area of the Home page.

  • 09/27/12 - redesigned the Home page and all the Menu subpages

  • 09/10/12 - added the 18th Century Historical Garden page to the Tuck Museum Exhibit page.

  • 08/10/12 - added Meet and Suitable Person book to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability.

  • 12/12/11- put minutes of 2011 Annual meeting on the About Us page.

  • 11/25/11 - added Paypal purchase of the 1938 Hampton Tercentenary Souvenir Book to the Museum Store.

  • 11/06/11 - added John Greenleaf Whittier book to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability.

  • 10/01/11- Picture of the Turner Room added to the Turner page and the Tuck Museum Building page.

  • 09/23/11- 2010 Tax Return added to the About Us page.

  • 08/20/11- New picture of Elise Turner on the Paintings by Turner page.

  • 08/16/11- Added picture of children visiting the Fire Museum.

  • 08/07/11- Added drawing on back of Gundalow painting to the Turner exhibit pages.

  • 08/07/11- Increased size of Turner paintings on the Turner exhibit pages.

  • 07/08/11- New pictures of the Barn interior.

  • 05/09/11 - added Page Out of History book to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability. See the Museum Store page.

  • 04/23/11 - added Cookbook to the Museum Store, with Paypal ability. See the Museum Store page.

  • 02/02/11 - added Toppan's History of Hampton book to Museum Store, with Paypal ability. See the Museum Store page.

  • 01/31/11 - added link to History Happens blog to the Home page.

  • 01/27/11 - added Turner Notecards to Museum Store, with Paypal ability; also added PayPal to Turner Booklet. See the Museum Store page.

  • 12/27/10 - Added new pages showing newspaper Hampton Valuations from 1900 and 1901.

  • 08/09/10 - Added link to Colonial Sense website on the Links page

  • 06/14/10 - Added map coordinates to the images on the 1938 Pageant ID page, and added links to the correct image for each identified person in the ID list.

  • 04/08/10 - added page about Printing images on the website.

  • 04/01/10 - 1938 Pageant Identification Project added to the Tuck Museum Photographs page.

  • 02/25/10 - tax return area added to the bottom of the About Us page.

  • 01/15/10 - added new Cemetery Data CD to the Museum Store page.

  • 12/04/09 - added PayPal online purchase of Ornaments and Postcard book to the Museum Store page.

  • 10/21/09 - posted changes to Bylaws on the News and Info page.

  • 08/13/09 - posted proposed change to Bylaws and Strategic Plan on the News and Info page.

  • 07/18/09 - added Google HHS search facility to the Home page.

  • 06/14/09 - added Endowment Fund Donations to the Membership page.

  • 05/09/09 - added many new entries to the Genealogy and Research page.

  • 05/03/09 - added new page showing the building of the new patio, and linked to it from the Tuck Museum page.

  • 05/02/09 - changed left menu on main pages to include the Genealogy and Research page, originally buried on the Tuck Museum exhibits page.

  • 04/12/09 - Original 1830 Map added to Maps page.

  • 04/03/09 - New pictures of the Tuck Museum building interior.

  • 04/01/09 - New picture of the Barn interior.

  • 04/01/09 - New picture of the Beach Cottage exterior.

  • 08/31/08 - Added pictures of the beach cottage interior to the Beach Cottage page.

  • 06/28/08 - Added pictures of the barn interior to the Barn page.

  • 01/01/08 - Old Hampton in NH article added to the Education page.

  • 12/29/07 - Seacoast Trolley Route map added to Maps page.

  • 12/29/07 - Meeting-House Green 1638 map featured with link directly from Maps page.

  • 11/11/07 - New parlor picture on the Tuck Museum Building page (next to last image)

  • 09/20/07 - New item in Museum Store - booklet Paintings by Charles Henry Turner in the Tuck Museum

  • 09/02/07 - Changed picture on Barn page to picture of rebuilt barn, reworded the writeup to be up-to-date, and removed fundraising text and links. See Barn page.

  • 09/01/07 - Image gallery of completion of the exterior of the barn. See Barn page.

  • 07/18/07 - New navigation buttons on Tuck Museum subpages.

  • 07/13/07 - Modified the Tuck Structures diagram and ring flow to include the Barn page and the new Beach Cottage page.

  • 07/07/07 - July, 2007 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 06/16/07 - Image gallery of "Day 2" of the Barn reassembly - the final pieces being installed on 6/11/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/10/07 - Image gallery of people who took part in the Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/10/07 - Late (3 - 6PM) image gallery of pictures from Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/09/07 - Very Early (7 - 8AM) image gallery of pictures from Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/08/07 - Middle (11AM - 3PM) image gallery of pictures from Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/06/07 - Early (8AM - 11AM) image gallery of pictures from Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 06/05/07 - Summary image gallery of pictures from Barn Reassembly, which took place on 6/02/07. See Barn page.

  • 02/22/07 - February, 2007 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 02/08/07 - added new History of Hampton page (linked from the Education main page.

  • 01/24/07 - added Pine Grove and Ring Swamp Cemetaries to Places in Hampton map.

  • 11/21/06 - November, 2006 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 09/24/06 - New link on the Links page to the Orange County Firefighters Museum

  • 09/22/06 - New Barn picture album - Rebuilding the Frame - Part 1
    Also, pictures added to barn Sill album.

  • 09/16/06 - Added photo of Henry Turner's wife to the Paintings by Charles Henry Turner page.

  • 09/14/06 - September, 2006 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 09/14/06 - replaced pictures of the new stone plaques (Dalton and Elkins) on the Founders Park page. Dalton picture now shows newly installed plaque.

  • 08/06/06 - 2 new stone plaques (Dalton and Elkins) added to the diagram and alphabetic list section of the Founders Park page.

  • 07/29/06 - New Barn pictures - Installing the Sills

  • 07/27/06 - New Tuck Museum Photos gallery - War Pictures. See the Photos Exhibit page.

  • 07/12/06 - Added article about the Standing Stool to the Signs, Documents, and Misc Objects page

  • 06/24/06 - Added pictures and 8th grade info to the Education page

  • 06/15/06 - June, 2006 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 06/02/06 - New product on Store page - Prints from the HHS Collection

  • 04/24/06 - New Barn pictures - Pouring of Foundation and Floor

  • 04/11/06 - added "Embroidered Eagle and Flag" image to the Signs, Documents, and Misc Objects page. Also improved the image of the Hampton's Daughter Towns sign.

  • 04/01/06 - improved image of Turner painting "Gundalow on the Marsh".

  • 03/22/06 - moved "Faith in the Future" award pic to About Us page.

  • 03/08/06 - added new picture to Hampton Center Photographs page (2nd picture from top).

  • 02/14/06 - added 3rd newspaper article to the Goody Cole page.

  • 02/08/06 - added 2 newspaper articles to the Goody Cole page.

  • 02/07/06 - February, 2006 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 11/30/05 - Put a PDF of our Brochure on the About Usrmation page

  • 11/18/05 - Added pictures to Education page, and picture of the Board of Directors.

  • 11/16/05 - November, 2005 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 10/11/05 - New Tuck Museum Photos gallery - Firemen and Fire Equipment. See the Photos Exhibit page.

  • 09/02/05 - changed starting time of Pig Roast from 1PM to noon on all relevant pages, including the August Newsletter PDF.

  • 08/27/05 - added picture of foldout photo postcard to the bottom of the Hampton Beach Photos page.

  • 08/18/05 - added wide picture of Hampton Beach to the top of the Hampton Beach Photos page.

  • 08/16/05 - August, 2005 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 08/01/05 - More pictures from the Dedication festivities added to the Founders Park page.

  • 07/17/05 - Pictures from the Dedication festivities added to the Founders Park page. Also replaced picture of Memorial plaque with text of the wording, for better readability.

  • 07/15/05 - New addition to the Maps page - a high-resolution version of the 1892 map of Hampton, suitable for printing.

  • 05/27/05 - added picture of Chamber of Commerce award to Home page.

  • 05/22/05 - added picture of Dave DeGagne's barn model to Barn page.

  • 05/18/05 - imbedded all the high resolution maps linked to by the 1841 map page and the 1638 map page in html pages (as opposed to linking directly to the image) to force the browser to display them at full size, not screen size.

  • 05/18/05 - Had to convert the Complete Map on the 1842 map page to jpg format because Microsoft Internet Explorer is unable to display a gif file with dimensions that large (Firefox handles the gif with no problem). Alas, this increased the download file size by a factor of 4. (All the other maps are still in gif format).

  • 05/17/05 - New addition to the Maps page - a high-resolution version of the 1841 map of Hampton, suitable for printing.

  • 05/15/05 - May, 2005 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 05/12/05 - changed the maps on the 1638 high-res map page to gif format (used to be jpg) for quicker downloading.

  • 05/02/05 - added links to info about John Porter's Preserving Old Barns to Barn page and Links page.

  • 05/01/05 - added new photos and a diagram to the photos of Hampton Center. Split them into 2 separate pages. See the Photos Exhibit page.

  • 04/25/05 - moved Tuck Renovation link off the Home page to the Tuck Museum page

  • 04/10/05 - moved Franklin Hotel photos from Hampton Beach gallery to Hampton Center gallery.

  • 03/29/05 - New Tuck Museum Photos gallery - Hampton beach photos. See the Photos Exhibit page.

  • 03/14/05 - New page displaying Tuck Museum Photos - see the Photos Exhibit page.

  • 02/11/05 - February, 2005 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 02/06/05 - Updated Events page for 2005.

  • 01/24/05 - New Maps of Places in Hampton page - see the link on the main Maps page.

  • 12/22/04 - Improved photos of carved board on the Signs, Documents, and Misc Objects page.

  • 12/20/04 - Updated the Fire Museum page with information about its construction and renovation.

  • 12/17/04 - New picture on the Fire Fighting Equipment page.

  • 12/14/04 - Picture of the new walkway on the Renovation page.

  • 12/05/04 - Online Credit Card payments via PayPal now allowed on the Membership page and the Barn page.

  • 11/26/04 - new Trolley Routes in New England map on the Maps page.

  • 07/06/04 - November, 2004 Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 11/02/04 - Added new Genealogical and Historical Resources page to Tuck Museum Exhibits main page

  • 10/05/04 - Changed Tuck page to reflect new hours of operation.

  • 10/05/04 - New Maps page, including a new interactive map of Hampton's Historic Ring.

  • 09/10/04 - Photos of 2 early cameras added to the Tuck Exhibits Signs, Documents, and Miscellaneous Objects page.

  • 08/02/04 - New text added to the Schoolhouse Building page.

  • 08/02/04 - Added pictures of renovated Tuck Museum interior to Tuck Building page.

  • 07/06/04 - Spring Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 06/28/04 - New Barn pictures - Miscellaneous pictures taken by Elizabeth Aykroyd

  • 06/23/04 - Tuck Museum reopened to the public following renovation

  • 06/07/04 - New Barn pictures - Part 3 of Disassembly

  • 06/01/04 - New Barn pictures - Part 2 of Disassembly

  • 05/24/04 - New Barn page.

  • 05/23/04 - Yard Sale Fundraiser postponed from May 22 till May 29. See the Calendar of Events page.

  • 05/09/04 - Pictures of new bathroom addition on the Renovation page.

  • 04/01/04 - Some date changes made to future events. Be sure to check the Calendar of Events page.

    Also, pictures of the renovations to the Tuck Museum.

  • 03/23/04 - Some date changes made to future events. Be sure to check the Calendar of Events page.

  • 02/16/04 - March 23 event ("Restoring Old Barns") moved from Tuck Museum to Congregational Church. See Calendar of Events page.

    Newletter also modified. See News and Info page.

  • 01/28/04 - Winter Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

    Also, updated Calendar of Events page

  • 11/12/03 - fall Newsletter available online. See News and Info page.

  • 11/12/03 - Updated About Us page.

  • 10/04/03 - Added Business Members subpage

  • 06/08/03 - Proposed amendments to bylaws

  • 05/21/03 - Schoolhouse exhibits page

  • 04/30/03 - High Resolution Historical Map

  • 04/27/03 - Old Postcards - Salt Marsh page

  • 03/17/03 - Hampton Historical Society's new website goes live